Tokyopop recently announced plans to translate a whole slew of Disney manga (previously only available in Japan) for release in the U.S.. Some of these we already knew about; like the Beauty and the Beast dual POV stories or the Nightmare Before Christmas sequel of Jack’s dog, Zero. In addition to those, they have now announced that they will be shipping a few other titles:
- Descendant’s: One version is based directly on the film, another is a wholly original tale.
- Stitch: Based on the titular character from Lilo and Stitch. These new stories focus on Stitch meeting a completely different young girl and befriending her.
- Tangled: A manga adaptation of the original Disney film.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: This will include the series of films as you know it, along with some original tales of Jack Sparrow called Jack Sparrow’s Adventures.
- Magical Dance: This one’s brand new. It follows a young girl named Rin, who wants nothing more than to be a dancer. Along her journey she’ll team up with classic Disney characters like Stitch, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Tinkerbell and Cinderella.
- Kilala Princess: Imagine if Disney princesses shared universe. Kilala, a Japanese shoujo princess, will travel through a magical gate that unites her with the Disney princesses of legend like Snow White, Cinderella, Ariel, Mulan, Merida, Pocahontas, Rapunzel, Jasmine, and Belle.
- Finding Nemo: No changes made here, doesn’t need ’em.
- Alice in Wonderland: Oddly this one sounds like an adaptation of the Tim Burton version of this classic story. Alice is now a teenager that gets swept back into the world of Wonderland and has some lost memories of her first trip there. She must find her old memories and find a way to overthrow the Red Queen before trying to make her home again.
- Disney Fairies: If you have children then you’ve heard of the continuing adventures of Tinkerbell and the fairies of Pixie Hollow. These three stories follow the lives of Tinkerbell and her friends with all their special powers as they explore Never Land.